ps documents Re: [fitsbits] Re: FITS vis a vis XML

Lucio Chiappetti lucio at ifctr.mi.cnr.it
Thu Dec 23 03:05:04 EST 1999

On 22 Dec 1999, Rob Seaman wrote:

> Lucio Chiappetti <lucio at ifctr.mi.cnr.it> writes:

> > "These sort of documents need not to be made public."
>
> Eventually these documents MUST be made public, or FITS is doomed on the
> timescale of our various organizations.

A quick clarification. My statement was not related to the source of the FITS
papers, but of fully generic nature : documents IN SOURCE FORM need not to be
public (available to the *readers* : we would not want a reader be able to
modify a paper, do we ?) but only available to the authors.

Are you extending that to imply we all can become potential authors of
the FITS papers ?