[fitsbits] Re: FITS vis a vis XML

Lucio Chiappetti lucio at ifctr.mi.cnr.it
Tue Dec 21 03:24:22 EST 1999

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, Steve Allen wrote:

> I have been shown one unflattering comparison of FITS and XML at
> http://www.seti.net/sml.htm

I find ludicrous a comment which contains things like :

"I also had problems downloading one of the specifications (the Users Guide)
because it was only available in postscript format.  I downloaded a postscript
engine (ghost script) and was able to view the file but could not print it out
successfully.  [...]The fact that the document was only available in
postscript, which is not well supported anymore,

Since I traced the above (unsigned) page to belong to the SETI net, it's
obvious that we and these guys live on different planets !  :-)