Free visualization software

Nick Kew nick at webthing.com
Mon Aug 30 14:10:55 EDT 1999

> 	It's sci.geo.meteorology, sir. One aspect of the science of

ObPedant: it's a crosspost (I'm reading sci.geo.eos).  But I agree
that the original post was entirely appropriate here too.

Next issue: if governments fund development of [XYZ] - in this instance
JAVA visualisation software - it can make life hard for commercial
developers to compete in the same field (why pay for my product when
theirs is free, and backed by the public purse)?  As a developer of
scientific visualisation software in JAVA, I could be tempted to see
public funding for someone elses software as unfair competition.

Now, "spamfree" was posting anonymously, so we may never know if (s)he
is in this or some analagous situation.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.webthing.com/software/hyperlens/	- JAVA visualisation s/w