JavaFitsio ?

Tom McGlynn tam at silk.gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Oct 27 10:57:25 EST 1998

I've written a set of Java FITS classes which read and write
all FITS types except ASCII tables.  They are available
at http://members.home.net/mcglynn/java/.  Images and binary tables
(including variable length records) can be read and written.

The two files doc.zip and fits.zip contain the source the nom.tam.fits
and nom.tam.util packages.  The individual files are also visible
in the appropriate subdirectories.

Javadoc documentation is available.  A good starting point is
   http://members.home.net/mcglynn/java/doc/tree.html

These are only modestly tested but have successfully read a fair
number of files formats.

E.g., to read a primary array one might do something like:
  Fits myFits = new Fits(filename);
  BasicHDU[] HDUs = myFits.read();

  int[][] data = (int[][]) HDUs[0].getData().getData();

	Tom McGlynn
	tam at silk.gsfc.nasa.gov