New (simple) FITS viewer for Windows

Markus Jönsson markus at st.se
Tue Oct 7 06:57:48 EDT 1997

Hi all!

An astronomy crazed friend of mine convinced me to add FITS support
to my shareware image viewer app called 'Image Eye'. I though this might
be a good place to announce it's availability. It is a small and fast,
multi-
format image viewer for Windows 95 and Windows NT.
If this sounds interesting, point your www browser at:
    http://hem.passagen.se/fmj/fmjsoft.html
Regarding the FITS support; it is quite simple. Any 2D FITS data are
displayed as a grayscale bitmap where the value range from minimum
data value to the maximum data value has been linearly stretched to
cover the entire range from black to white.

Best regards,

/ Markus J.