AIPS++ FITS classes for Visual C++

Octavi Fors octavi at fajnm1.am.ub.es
Thu Feb 27 06:22:31 EST 1997

I'm trying to develop an application able to display and process images
written in FITS format. This one is not very popular outside of the
Astronomy world.
This application should read and write as many as possible FITS
subextensions (image, ASCII table, binary table,...), specially the
ASCII table.
Once this classes would be implemented, I expect to be able to represent
visually (as more realistic as possible) any sky region that is compiled
in GSC (Guide Stars Catalog). This one is written in FITS ASCII table
format.

Does anybody know some classes for Visual C++ able to read and write
this kind of image format? AIPS++ FITS classes is what I have, by now.
But these are C++ classes written not for Visual C++ but for Unix and
Linux. I would be interested in contacting with somebody who has tried
to compile AIPS++ for Visual C++, or has some alternative source code.

Octavi Fors Aldrich

Astronomy Department
Physics Faculty
Diagonal Av., 647