MJD - not acceptable according to IAU (?)

Pierre Maxted pflm at star.maps.susx.ac.uk
Fri Jun 28 14:52:15 EDT 1996

In article <4qroqt$7s4 at darkstar.UCSC.EDU>, Steve
Allen <sla at umbra.ucolick.org> wrote:
>Take note, however, of the WCS draft paper at
>http://fits.cv.nrao.edu/documents/wcs/wcs.html
>which proposes to standardize the usage of MJD-OBS.  This will work
: : :
 ... which reminds me that at the last IAU general meeting there was some
discussion of abondoning MJD since it was ambiguous/redundant. Am I
correct? Is it feasible to drop MJD from the FITS standard?
 - Pierre
--
 |     Dr Pierre Maxted (pflm at star.maps.susx.ac.uk)      |