question on data padding

Stan Voynick svoynick at netcom.com
Thu Jun 27 20:01:33 EDT 1996

While I have generally assumed that all remaining bytes in the file should
be zero, regardless of the data format (equivalent to your option (a)), I
wanted to point out that your option (b) is not a feasible interpretation
anyway, as I often use BSCALE/BZERO scalings for our 16-bit images in
which no integer value even comes close to mapping to "zero intensity"
after being scaled by BSCALE and BZERO.

                                  - Stan Voynick -
                                <svoynick at netcom.com>