CCSDS standard

Steve Allen sla at umbra.ucolick.org
Tue Jul 9 02:31:46 EDT 1996

In article <4rrbk5$qi2 at post.gsfc.nasa.gov>,
William Thompson <thompson at orpheus.nascom.nasa.gov> wrote:

>                  CCSDS RECOMMENDATION FOR TIME CODE FORMATS

>The format for ASCII Time Code A is as follows:
>
>        YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss.d->dZ

>        YYYY    =       Year in four-character subfield with values 0001-9999

Looks remarkably similar to ISO.

For the sake of FITS I would prefer it if we broadened the year
definition such that it was not restricted to 4-digit positive
integers 1-9999.  Even though the possibility raises other issues
(that would need eventual resolution) non-positive years and years
greater than 9999 should be permitted.

--
Steve Allen          UCO/Lick Observatory       Santa Cruz, CA 95064
sla at ucolick.org      Voice: +1 408 459 3046     FAX: +1 408 454 9863