Visualisation thresholds KEYWORD in FITS ?

Lucio Chiappetti lucio at ifctr.mi.cnr.it
Wed Dec 4 03:05:28 EST 1996

On 3 Dec 1996, Alain MAURY wrote:

> We had a short discussion last week on the french speaking forum AUDE (
> Association des Utilisateurs de Detecteurs Electroniques ), on why there was no
> keywords implemented in FITS that a display program could use to automatically
> recall the last visualisation thresholds used ( i.e. the "cuts" in Midas ).

  ...obviously because such a thing does not belong to the "archiving and
  *T*ransport" level for what FI*T*S is best suited.

> What would be the way to officially propose something like
> VISUHI and VISULO or whatever in the same order ? ( DISP_HI and DISP_LO )

  ...nothing forbids to have "private" conventions about this, exactly
  like MIDAS does.

       A member of  G.ASS : Group for Astronomical Software Support
Lucio Chiappetti - IFCTR/CNR     | Ma te' vugl' da' quost avis a ti' Orsign
via Bassini 15 - I-20133 Milano  | Buttet rabios intant te se' pisnign
Internet: LUCIO at IFCTR.MI.CNR.IT  |             (Rabisch, II 46, 119-120)