FITS to excel or tabbed text conversion

B. Evans bevans at siennasoft.com
Tue Aug 20 12:22:08 EDT 1996

Hi all you FITS experts.

I am looking for a utility program that can take FITS files and convert them into
a text file that can be read in by a spreadsheet.

The type of fits files I am interested in are ones describing the locations of stars,
deep sky objects and other point-like objects on the celestial sphere.

I could use a solution that is Macintosh based.
I have heard of a program called "browser" will it do the trick?

C or C++ source code is another option.

Thanks a lot for any suggestions you might have.

Please email as well as post solutions, my news server is not the most reliable
thing on the planet.