[evlatests] Another instability ...

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Thu Nov 15 13:54:24 EST 2018

     Finally (for now), we have 'type B' behavior.  Here there are
changes within the switching block, seen only at high frequencies, and
only on a few antennas, notably ea07 and ea10.

     Unlike 'type A', these variations are common between the four IFs,
and are not seen in the switched power gains.  Hence, they act like
optics errors -- either pointing (unlikely here since there is very
little antenna motion within the short block), or a failure for the
subreflector to reposition to exactly the same location as before.

     I attach four plots, showing the antenna gains for ea07 and ea10,
for the Ku, K, Ka and Q observations.

     1) Ku-7+10.png:  There are 15 1-minute solution set , for antenna 7
and 10.  The first 5 are alternating with K, the next 5 with Q, the last
5 with Ka.

     2) K-7+10.png:  The 5 set on the left are with Ku, the ten on the
right are with Q (first 5) and Ka (last 5).

     3) Ka-7+10.png: The 5 on the left are with Ku, the ten on the right
are with K, then Q.

     4) Q-7+10.png:  The first 5 are with Ku, the middle 5 with K, the
right 5 with Ka.