[evlatests] P-band status

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Fri Sep 22 12:55:09 EDT 2017

     Some P-band data were taken earlier this week.  Frank asked me to
check on the quality:

     I extracted the four scans of 3C147, and used five spectral windows
(5 through 9).  I find:

     1) Antenna 28 was in the barn, and antennas 13 and 14 were both out
of service during these observations.

     2) Antenna 23 was in a peculiar state -- the 'Y' channel oscillated
in delay on a fast (few seconds) timescale.  The 'X' channel also had
irregular delays, but only for the first two calibrator scans -- it
seemed fine for the last two (two hours later).

     3) Requantizers seemed to be working (meaning, they changed level
between the second and third calibrator observation).

     4) CALIB gains (after applying the RQ correction) showed a wide
range of antenna correlated power -- a factor of four between highest
and lowest for a given SPW.

     5) The 3 MHz bandpass ripple is strong on:  7X (2dB, pk-pk in
power), and 17X (2 dB).  All others are less than 1dB.

     6) With respect to 'golden antenna 24', the cross-polarization is
high (above 10%) on:  ea03, ea10, ea14, ea16, ea17, ea18, ea19, ea21,
ea22, ea27.  These are likely to to dipole orientation.  A confirmation
check would be useful.

     Rick