[evlatests] ea22 -- something weird

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Thu May 19 14:55:28 EDT 2016

     I'm finally reducing the January 'flux density/calibrator model'
data.  Because part of the goal is to link the flux scales to the
'known' source Cygnus A, I cannot apply the switched power (due to the
infamous 'PDif Compression' issue).

     Thus, I can easily see the gain changes induced the the diurnal
temperature variation.  At 6cm, the effect is remarkably large -- about
4% in power, peak-peak.

     But one antenna stands out -- ea22 has a 25% (!!!!!) diurnal
variation (at 6cm -- I haven't yet reviewed the higher frequency data).
The pattern is exactly the same as all the other antennas, but is about
6 times stronger effect.

     So the question is:  What is (or was) different about the
temperature control in this antenna?