[evlatests] Master rack work

Eric Chavez echavez at nrao.edu
Mon Feb 29 13:17:13 EST 2016

Good Morning,

Our plan for Master rack work tomorrow,

1. Temporarily bypass fire alarm Master rack shunt trip to verify fire
alarm electronics operation. This process will NOT disrupt power to the
Master racks.

Verifying the electronics will allow for an accurate Engineering Change
Request. The ECR will describe the scope of work to install a keyed
bypass switch. The switch will enable a new test mode. The mode will
only be used when testing the fire alarm, and will enable power to the
Master racks to remain on for the duration of yearly fire alarm tests.

The ECR is not yet approved, therefore, the bypass mode will NOT be
installed until a later date.

2. Repair missing ground on lightning arrestor on GPS antenna 1. Apply
proper weather proofing to these same connections. This work being
performed on the roof of the control building should NOT glitch either
of the GPS units.

3. Deploy new L356. The new version has a tested timing sync monitor
indicator. We will verify all operations before proceeding with
re-syncing the array and correlator.

4. Install first M350 Central utility module. This module monitors the
AGM60 which supplies 48VDC power the Master Racks. It also will let us
know when there is a rectifier failure, DC voltage/current monitors, and
indicators for minor/major alarms. In the future the M350 will supply
global resets to the all Master rack modules.

Please contact me with any concerns or questions,

Eric