[evlatests] Use of the mixer in the filter FPGA

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Mon Nov 16 16:39:14 EST 2015

I suggest a meeting which probably is of interest to only a small
number of the people who receive this to discuss the best choice of
f_shift.  Our present practice is very simple minded.  I want to
describe the limits on f_shift imposed when the correlator chip
fringe rotator is to be used and when the mixer in the filter FPGA
should be used instead.

A few pages describing the issues can be found at

     /users/ksowinsk/fshift.ps

Let us try for 11:00 in the upstairs conference room.  If we
are kicked out we can retreat to the basement conference room.
Let me know if you really want to be there and can't make this time.