[evlatests] Oscillatory Gain in ea09

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Wed Mar 18 11:43:54 EDT 2015

     A very fast gain variation is present in ea09, on the LCP side
only, in one IF only, apparently in all frequency bands.

     The period is very short -- 0.5 seconds -- which likely explains
why it has not been seen before.  (The ACU tests have revealed it).

     The behavior has been present for some weeks, at least.

     The IF channel is appears in is not the same at all bands.  From my
four-band tests of yesterday, I see it in:

     *  IF 'D' at C, X, and Ku bands
     *  IF 'B' at L band.

     I attach a plot to illustrate the problem.   The data are from C
band.  The four panels show the normalized *voltage* gain for ea09, at
A, C, B, D IFs (from top to bottom).  The oscillatory behavior is quite
obvious.   The amplitude is about 10%.  There is no phase effect.  The
sample time is 0.1 seconds.
     No other antenna/IF does this.

     Certainly a 'digital-thingy'.  Can somebody diagnose and correct?