[evlatests] Low Band work 3/16

Paul Harden pharden at nrao.edu
Mon Mar 16 18:44:15 EDT 2015

Dan and I performed the following work on Monday, 16 March:

EA13 - Installed new Low Band receiver.  Power and bandpass appears OK
with normal amount of RFI.
The P-band dipole was skewed about 25 degrees off the quadrupod legs.
Dan got it rotated a bit, but it is still about 5 degrees off.

So ... EA13 has a low band receiver again.

EA04 - on master pad.  Energized the Low Band Receiver to check out the
system before it is returned to the array.  Dipole has been rebuilt,
tuned and reinstalled.  A bad N-connector on the receiver LCP output was
damaged and repaired.  Low band powers and bandpass appears OK for when
it returns to the array.

Also - it was reported last week that EA19 was dead.  We didn't know it
had been returned to the array to give it the normal "return to array"
checkout.  We turn off the low band system when it goes into the barn so
there's no power "hot" in the apex while it is being worked on.  Dan got
EA19 working by turning the low band power switch on!  It now appears to
be fully functional.

Paul and Dan