[evlatests] How Fast Can We Step?

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Mon Mar 9 18:22:09 EDT 2015

     I think the basic argument is right -- the unrecoverable loss is
the delay smearing within a single channel.  Since this is the same for
all the higher frequencies, one can imagine a phase/delay stepping
interval which is actually larger than the primary beamwidth (!).

     But, by stepping faster, (or scanning slower), one could average
over frequency, and lower the computing costs.

     Rick