[evlatests] Something wrong with RQ gains ...

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Thu Jan 22 17:05:04 EST 2015

On Fri, 16 Jan 2015, Rick Perley wrote:

>     Something is amiss with the RQ gains.
>
>    In the past, application of these gains (in AIPS, using 'TYAPL')
> perfectly restored the observed visibility amplitudes to constant values.
>
>    Now, using exactly the same programs, the visibility amplitudes are only
> partially restored.  Eric and I have confirmed that TYAPL is doing the same
> as it did in the past.  So something seems to be wrong with the recorded
> values.

Stuff like this could happen if set and remember never remembered
and every scan at the band in question caused the T304 attenuators
to re-servo to the right place.

This would be the result if the script started late, or was restarted
after having begun.  Is there any evidence of this in the archive?

Much less likely is the possibility that the o_period parameter for
the T304 power measurements was changed to something longer than
ten seconds.