[evlatests] Delay Phase Problem, ea09

George Moellenbrock gmoellen at nrao.edu
Wed Apr 15 18:50:19 EDT 2015

Rick-

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 1:47 PM, Rick Perley <rperley at nrao.edu> wrote:

By some means unknown to me, it is arranged that the phases from sub-band
> to sub-band are continuous.  That is -- there are never any discontinuous
> jumps from one spectral window (sub-band) to the next.

Per _baseband_.   The reason is that each sub-band is extracted from the
same baseband digital samples (2Gbit/s for 1GHz of bandwidth), and the
correlator (nominally!) does nothing to sabotage their mutual coherence.
I.e., sub-bands are entirely a correlator-based digital artifact.   Once
upon a time, there was considerable noise generated about stitching them
back together.....

-George