[evlatests] ea14 and 17 at P-band

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Mon Sep 22 13:35:28 EDT 2014

     Various tests over the weekend tell me that:

     1) ea14 is giving no fringes at all.

     2) ea17 has two problems:
               a) The polarizations are reversed.
               b) The 'Y' polarization signal is very weak -- about 5%
of normal (in power units).

     Note that AIPS now knows about 'X' and 'Y' polarization, so
subsequent descriptions can use these labels.  Until a definitive test
(such as  unplugging a cable) can be done, we hope that the intended
convention is kept:

                    X = Vertical = 'L' in the old system
                    Y = Horizontal = 'R' in the old system.

     The above is my understanding of this confusing labeling.