[evlatests] WIDAR P-band status update: 13SEP2014

Huib Intema (NRAO) hintema at nrao.edu
Wed Sep 17 14:36:44 EDT 2014

Hi Paul,

The P-value is the measured relative power with respect to the median.
So 0.35 means that the measured antenna power is 35 percent of the
median, or 65 percent lower than the median.

In principle, healthy antennas with a moderately lower power level are
not a problem in themselves. Over the commissioning period, I have seen
that healthy antennas have P-values in the approximate range 0.8 - 1.2.
I have also seen that antennas with P-values < 0.7 tend to have issues,
like strong bandpass ripples, polarization issues, variable gains, or
other issues. Antennas with P-values < 0.5 are almost all problem cases.

-- Huib