[evlatests] May Test Results Meeting, Thursday at 10AM

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Wed May 7 16:32:33 EDT 2014

     All:

     Tomorrow is the 2nd Thursday of the month, hence time for the
monthly 'test results' meeting.  So that will 10AM, 08 May, in Rm 317.

     There is little new to present, so Keith and I would like to have a
short meeting to discuss what tests can and should be done over the next
few months.   The goal is to get a sense of what the priorities should
be for testing over the summer months.

     We with to limit the discussion to antenna and electronics
testing.  Specific correlator testing should be discussed separately.

     Some off-the-cuff topics include:

     1) Switched power effectiveness, including 'PDif' and 'PSum'
issues, and the values of Tcal.
     2) Further 3-bit testing, including methods to correct for the
large 'PDif' compression that occurs in that mode (and which is probably
separate from that which affects the 8-bit sampling mode).
     3) Elevation gain functions
     4) Antenna optics -- in particularly the efficacy of the
'subreflector rotation trick'.   ea15 and ea18 are different than all
the rest (at present), and ea20 is just plain weird.
     5) Beam holography at L and S bands (and any other band).
     6) Surface holography at P-band (and any other band).
     7) New ACU tests.
     8) Temperature stabilization of the noise diodes.
     9) 5 MHz comb power (at 4-band)

     Please bring your own lists, if different than above.

     Rick