[evlatests] [Vlite-external] EA14 polarization and VLITE

Paul Harden pharden at nrao.edu
Mon Jun 30 12:00:43 EDT 2014

On 6/28/2014 7:14 PM, Bryan Butler wrote:

> it was my understanding that the inputs from the 4 dipoles were combined
> to still make true "X" and "Y" (or "H" and "V") polarizations.  is that
> not true?  maybe we should ask steve?

The installation of the MJPs and VLITE was accomplished properly.

Dan and crew connected the new MJPs to the low band receiver correctly
for the proper polarization.

Jerry Langevin did all the internal cabling correctly to preserve proper
polarization.

The only point of confusion is the VLITE module low-band inputs are
labeled Ch.1 and Ch.2 rather than any polarization reference.  It was
simply a guess as to what polarization should go to Ch.1 and Ch.2.  Our
guess was wrong.  It seems we now know that Ch.1 is LCP.

Paul