[evlatests] 4band, interference and ea14

Paul Harden pharden at nrao.edu
Tue Jun 24 11:41:46 EDT 2014

On 6/23/2014 4:24 PM, Dan Mertely wrote:
> BTW:  The nearest TV02 station is K02KP out of Lordsburg, with
> only 42 W.  -Mert

Is there by chance a television somewhere at the site?  Particularly an
older analog TV that has an HDTV converter box?  They usually translate
the new HDTV to channel 2 or 3.  Only the converter box would need to be
powered, not the TV, to cause this RFI.

What drives the "TV" at the Visitor's Center?  The visitor's movie runs
on that continuously (at least daylight hours).  I don't know what type
of video monitor is used for that.

Finally, another fairly new addition at the site besides the API
(already addressed) is the new EVLA weather station.  I know nothing
about it, but does it perhaps have something in the 55-60 MHz range?

Paul