[evlatests] 4band, interference and ea14

Frazer Owen fowen at nrao.edu
Mon Jun 23 17:47:25 EDT 2014

On 06/23/2014 02:35 PM, Gregory Taylor wrote:
> Hi Frazer,
>
>      The emission at 55.25 MHz is the video carrier for TV channel 2.
> We see this quite strongly with LWA1. At 60 MHz we see a moderately
> strong source to the North of LWA1 (see plot).  We might be seeing a VLA
> antenna.  The extended source in the  NE is from power-lines.  They
> are better
> following some mitigation earlier this month, but still obvious.
> Ciao,
>                              - Greg
     I had noticed the coincidence with 55.25 and channel 2. The problem
is that we don't see that signal, at least anywhere near as strong, on
the other two 4band antennas, just ea14. Unless ea14's location at E8
allows it to see a channel 2 while the others are blocked, then I don't
understand why we just see 55.25 on ea14. That signal is much stronger
than anything else we see, including the other TV channels. For the
other antennas channel 5 is by far the strongest of the clearly external
signals.

     Not sure where 60 MHz is coming from. We should find out.