[evlatests] ea17, failure to return to phase, and ea05, two different phase states

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 18 18:02:40 EST 2014

    The 24-hour long calibrator run required the array to change band
over 1000 times, each source being observed at all nine observing bands
in rapid succession.  The permits a look at how well the system phase
returns to the old value for any given band.

    At both P-band and L-band (I haven't been able yet to check other
bands), ea17 always returned to a random phase.  The phases within each
short observation are stable.  The change of phase is the same in LCP
and RCP (so the phase difference is fine).

    A rather different problem is seen in ea05.  For this antenna, there
appears to be two different phase values to which the system returned --
different by 25 degrees.  Both RCP and LCP show this difference.  This
problem is not seen at P-band.  (I don't yet know about other bands).