[evlatests] EA17 P-band dipole

Huib Intema (NRAO) hintema at nrao.edu
Fri Aug 29 00:33:36 EDT 2014

Hi Paul et al.,

I checked some WIDAR P-band data from this afternoon. The polarizations
on EA17 are swapped. After correcting these in software, I measure a
reduced cross-polarization of about 7 percent. So the dipole repair has
reduced the cross-polarization to a level similar to most other antennas.

I'll send out a status report tomorrow afternoon. Most striking are the
huge(!) bandpass ripples on EA08 LCP, EA20 LCP and EA23 RCP (all 16.5
MHz = 9.1 meters).

-- Huib