[evlatests] ea13 status: revised

Wes Grammer wgrammer at nrao.edu
Mon Aug 11 17:43:53 EDT 2014

Ben and Dan had a look under the feed radome today on the K-band RX in
ea13, and found a lot of water collected at the bottom, right against
the window. They've drained it out, and are drying the feed as best they
can. We need a test to confirm it, but it's highly likely we've found
the culprit.

It's a bit surprising there was so much water in it, as the receiver was
installed on July 29, the day before it went out on the master pad. Ben
is looking into whether the radome material and/or retaining ring need
to be replaced.

Thanks to Dan Mertely for his assistance to Ben today at ea13!

-Wes