[evlatests] Maser Tomorrow

Vivek Dhawan vdhawan at nrao.edu
Wed May 8 00:21:45 EDT 2013

Hi Keith,

todays' short test shows the following:

      Rb, at 01 UT MJD 56420 = 7pm May 7th:

 From VLBI (vs. MK)         +115 usec, rate +5.2e-10 s/s = 45 us/day.
 From L356 clock #1 vs.gps:  +88 usec, rate +5.2e-10 s/s

The rate is right on the money. The offset is a little off, but it
is in the realm of what we got on 'good' days (i.e. within ~20usec).
This was a 1MHz narrow band experiment, and we know there is a BW-
dependent delay offset which might be VLA or more likely VLBA filter
delays. So I am in a state of tentative belief in the L356 monitor.

      H maser, at 01 UT MJD 56420 = 7pm May 7th:

 From L356 clock 1 vs.gps:  offset (+1s - 0.7us), just under 1 sec.
                                                    rate near zero.

Is the ~1sec understood? Will it be removed before synch?. If so
I think the H-maser can go in tomorrow.