[evlatests] TelCal corruption?

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Mon May 6 11:46:53 EDT 2013

    The 30-hour 'flux densities' run was completed Friday night.  It
seems to have succeeded in its primary goal -- to break the system in
ways not seen before ... :-(

    Ea02 was excluded from the run, since it had no X-band receiver --
despite all other receivers working well.  The operator's note explains why:
Antenna(s) 2 (Data: Lost)
X-band receiver removed for repairs.  Excluded from the observation due
to TelCal
corruption if it is included.

    I'm surprised at this -- as I had thought that TelCal would be more
robust to the absence of a usable signal.    Having the antenna taken
out of service is a large price to pay in a multi-band script.  Is there
no way that the X-band data from this antenna be recogized by TelCal as
not valid?