[evlatests] VLA ACU Design review

jjackson jjackson at nrao.edu
Fri Mar 15 19:14:21 EDT 2013

(Reminder/Update)

There will be a design review for the new VLA antenna ACU on Tuesday
March 26 starting at 8:30AM in the AOC Auditorium. Coffee & food will be
available starting at 8:00AM. (Note that I made the times a little
earlier from the previous announcement.) An initial agenda (subject to
change) is attached.

The confirmed panel members are Rick Perley, Barry Clark, Ken Sowinski,
and Bob Broilo here locally, and Tim Weadon and John Ford calling in
from GB. I was pleased I got this many given it's the holiday week
before Easter and spring break time - thanks in advance to all. I'm
sending some initial material for review out to panel members in a
separate message.

We now have the majority of the prototype hardware and software up and
running in the Servo shop. We have verified virtually all of the I/O
points and have driven the AZ/EL and FRM motors on the setup in the lab
fully closed loop (velocity and position).  The purpose of this review
is to determine if we are ready to attempt to install the prototype on a
VLA antenna in the May/June time frame.

Greg Maglathlin, our software design consultant, is planning to be
present the entire week of review. Audio / Video teleconferencing will
be available.

Cheers,
Jim Jackson

--