[evlatests] Some low-band issues

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Thu Mar 7 17:51:38 EST 2013

On Thu, 7 Mar 2013, Rick Perley wrote:

>    Paul:
>
>    Thanks for the reply.
>
>    So, it seems that  ea01 and ea03 should show fringes, but don't.
> (In fact, ea01 was fringing, but the SNR was so low I had to leave it
> out when making a bandpass calibration).

These two have their ploarizations swapped.  Is it feasible for
Paul to consult with Jerry L about how to remedy this?

>    Perhaps Ken or Barry can update the parameters database with the Cal
> values.

>    As for the F14s -- we'll try find out how to make sure these are on,
> when needed.

I claim that these are turned on by the executor at every scan unless
the script explcitly requires them to be off.  model2script does not
generate scripts which does that, so they should all be on.  If not,
it must be an F320 or F14 problem.  There is more than one way to
command the F320 to turn on the cals; perhaps one is more equal than
the others.