[evlatests] Beam Cuts for ea21 -- notable issue with Horizontal Motion

Todd Hunter thunter at nrao.edu
Tue Jun 18 21:19:36 EDT 2013

Hi Rick,
     What was the azim/elev of this measurement?  I wonder if the target
happened to be passing through its point of zero azimuth velocity, which
can be challenging to track accurately (because the tachometer feedback
goes to zero).  This situation only applies to sources that transit
between the zenith and the pole. I worked this out awhile back for GBT
servo tests.  Here is a (hopefully) self-explanatory diagram computed
for the VLA's latitude that you can compare to:

https://safe.nrao.edu/wiki/pub/GB/PTCS/SiderealRateVelocities/azelrate.out.vla.sort.png

Todd