[evlatests] Very strange baseline error

Steven T. Myers smyers at nrao.edu
Fri Jun 14 07:09:27 EDT 2013

I am assuming that by "baselines" you mean the u,v,w?  If so, then I was
under the strong impression that those are not in the SDM but calculated
in the fillers (e.g. BDF2AIPS, asdm2MS) from antenna positions, time, and
position. Thus I guess the question is then how the filler got confused...

On Thu, 13 Jun 2013, Rick Perley wrote:

>    The 30-hour flux densities run demonstrated a possibly unique
> problem with baselines:  The first source observed (J0217+7349) had
> baselines scaled over 1000 times too large!  The source was observed
> multiple times during the 30 hours -- for each scan, the same baseline
> scaling error occurred.  No other source suffered this problem.  (And
> UVFIX repaired the problem).  I dismissed this as a 'one-of' issue.
>
>    But it isn't.  The follow-up 'Flux Redux' run suffers exactly the
> same problem, with the same source.  It was also the first object in the
> file.
>
>    Any ideas here?

|:| Steven T. Myers                      |:|  Tenured Astronomer       |:|
|:| National Radio Astronomy Observatory |:|  Ph:  (575) 835-7294      |:|
|:| P.O. Box O, Socorro, NM 87801        |:|  FAX: (575) 835-7027      |:|
|:| http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/~smyers      |:|  smyers at nrao.edu          |:|