[evlatests] ea17 & ea25 phase jump problem

Claire Chandler cchandle at nrao.edu
Fri Feb 1 12:42:23 EST 2013

In the pipeline-calibrated datasets from this last week we have been
seeing phase jumps at scan boundaries on ea17 and ea25 in observations
that use the 8-bit system at L, Ku, and K-bands (phase plot attached;
other bands may also be affected, but we are limited to what our observers
are using in this diagnosis).  3-bit observations do not seem to be
affected.  The phase jumps occur on all 8-bit IFs (A0C0 and B0D0), and
show multiple (but stable, within scans) phase states.  We are having to
advise our users to flag these two antennas completely.  Is this a cable
length problem?

Claire