[evlatests] P-Band sensitivity

Bryan Butler bbutler at nrao.edu
Thu Dec 5 10:29:24 EST 2013

i tend to prefer not to work in SEFDs (i know, it's irrational).  noise
in the image should be:

             sqrt{2} k Tsys
dI ~ -----------------------------
       n_a n_c N A sqrt{n_p dt df)

Tsys ~ 100 K
n_a ~ 0.4
n_c ~ 1
N ~ 23 (assuming you flagged a few antennas here)
A ~ 490
n_p = 1
dt = 3 s
df = 2.5E5 Hz

dI ~ 50 mJy

looks to me like it's pretty close.  maybe you slipped a digit somewhere.

	-bryan