[evlatests] Master LO frequency references and the 1.7ms discrepancy

Keith Morris kmorris at nrao.edu
Thu Apr 18 00:44:54 EDT 2013

We located the source of the 1.7 millisecond timing discrepancy.  The GPS
1PPS signal and the 1PPS signal generated in the L356 were
mis-synchronized by exactly this amount, with the L356 lagging in time.
This is due either to the L356 having been synchronized to the wrong mark,
or not having been synchronized at all.  We resynchronized the two pulses
this morning at 11am.

Then, at 11:40am, we switched the master frequency reference from Hydrogen
Maser to Rubidium, as planned.  The PPS that is synthesized from the
Rubidium 5MHz is drifting relative to the GPS at a rate of about 9.8
microseconds/day.