[evlatests] VLA switch to Rubidium

Ken Kellermann kkellerm at nrao.edu
Tue Apr 16 22:14:59 EDT 2013

I think Barry is right.  I thought about this after the VLBA discussion this afternoon.  Y27 is used only for the most sensitive observations.  Even at C band long integrations needed for sensitivity will not be feasible, and the same probably applies to L band.  Also astrometry would be compromised.  It would be a waste of the VLA to use it for VLBI with only a Rb lo.  As I understood there will be a replacement in 2 to 3 weeks, so it would not make much sense to observe with a Rb based lo.