[evlatests] ae09 F317 more

jjackson jjackson at nrao.edu
Wed Oct 24 13:54:23 EDT 2012

It turns out one of the F317's they tried yesterday had a bad MIB.  This
blew the slot ID module port which then blows any any other MIB plugged
into it.  We now have four blown F317's (now including the ones from
Cryo and the test rack) and two blown Slot-ID modules (one in the
antenna and one in the AOC test rack). These modules are all coming to
the lab this afternoon to have LVDS driver/ receiver IC's replaced. This
has been a rare occurance but once it happens we have to do them all or
the problem will keep propagating. Wayne, Bede and I will be working on
them this afternoon and tomorrow morning.  Antenna 9 is out of
commission until we sort this out.

Jim Jackson
Project/Systems Engineer
Very Large Array(VLA) / Very Long Baseline Array(VLBA) radio telescopes
National Radio Astronomy Observatory
1003 Lopezville Rd.
P.O. Box O
Socorro, NM 87801