[evlatests] Reference standard switch test

Terry Cotter tcotter at nrao.edu
Fri Oct 19 12:04:02 EDT 2012

On Wednesday October 24 Maintenance day we are going to switch the
reference standard at the VLA from the Maser to the Rubidium. This is a
test to see what happens and to make sure our equipment functions
properly. If the switch goes as planned, then we will also test the
robustness by switching back and forth a few times. This test will take
place between 8 and 9 am. If this test works properly, then we will plan
a second test sometime in the near future. This second test will be an
observing test where we will observe using the rubidium standard.

Terry