[evlatests] Ku-band switched power status

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Tue May 1 16:20:52 EDT 2012

    The two holography runs, taken Saturday and Sunday afternoons,
provide a good luck at the switched power system.  Both runs were nearly
6 hours duration.  All functional Ku-band equipped antennas were
included.   The non-equpped antennas were:  2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 15, 27 and
28.  Antennas 22 and 24, although equipped, were not functional at the
time.

    For all others, the 'problem' antennas were the same on both days.
The two most notable are:

    1) ea19, in IF 'A' only:  Here we have a most peculiar multiplicity
of states, different in PDiff and PSum.  This is not a simple gain
effect -- this must involve the switched power synchronization, or some
such.  I attach png plots for PSum, PDiff, and their ratio, Tsys.  A
pure gain effect would not affect the ratio.

    2) ea20, in LCP (both IFs B and D).  Here we have notable changes in
both PSum and PDif, but not in Tsys -- this is a real gain effect.
Notable is that the pattern of variations is different between IF B and
IF D.  I attach PSum and PDiff plots for all four IFs (the ordering from
top to bottom is:  A, C, B, D).  I have not included a Tsys plot, since
this is completely normal.

    As noted above, these characteristics were the same on both days.

    Any idea of what is wrong here?