[evlatests] Extreme Tuning in KU-band

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Wed Mar 21 12:53:15 EDT 2012

    Ken's latest test was to push the tuning ranges of Ku-band, using
our super-wide 3-bit system.  The results are quite impressive ...

    He set A1/C1 to give data from 11.076 through 13.124 GHz, and B2/D2
for 16.976 through 19.024 GHz.

    BPASS was then run to view the spectral bandpasses.  I find:

    A)  At the low end:  Most antennas are down by 10 dB by 11.5 GHz,
but all give usable signal down to 11.35 GHz.

    B) At the high end:  Most antennas are down by 10 dB by 18.5 GHz,
but all give fringes up to 18.6 GHz.

    The problems noted in the last report are present in this test.