[evlatests] PDif Compression Meeting today -- 3PM in Rm 157.

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Thu Jul 26 16:25:34 EDT 2012

    I'd like to hold a short meeting today to discuss strategy for
addressing the 'PDif compression' problem.  Recent tests indicate the
majority of the problem -- but possibly not all of it -- arises from
overdriving the T302 and/or input amp of the T304 module.
    Keith and I would like to quickly recap the tests which showed
this.  We'd like to then discuss:

    * Are more tests needed?
    * Do we fully understand the compression mechanism?
    * Are we confident of the proper power levels?
    * How best to 'reset' the modules to proper levels.

    3PM in Rm 157 (first floor meeting room).

    Rick/Keith