[evlatests] Multiple System Failures

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Mon Jan 2 17:59:52 EST 2012

    I have checked the 'failure modes' for the subsequent Mars
observation at X-band, and find a different pattern than seen at C-band
(which followed X):

    Failure mode 'A' on subbands 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10 and 12 (AIPS
notation, subtract 1 for widar)
    Failure mode 'B' on subbands 14 and 15
    All data present on subbands 5, 6, 7, 11, 13 and 16.

    So, provided the failure pattern did not change between the
referenced pointing observation and the subsequent Mars observation (and
I suppose it shouldn't, as the correlation configuration was the same),
then subbands 1 and 2, from which the referenced pointing solutions are
made, had half the antennas providing pure zeros on almost all the
baselines, which is perhaps enough to cause it to fail for all antennas?

    Rick