[evlatests] PDif/Psum problems

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Fri Dec 21 11:15:45 EST 2012

    We ran a 'moon' test last night, as part of our efforts to promote
linearity within our systems.

    A very small number of systems have non-functioning switched power.
They are:

    C-Band:  ea09 give zero PDifs, as well as PSums which did not react
to being pointed at the moon.

    Ka-band:  ea04 gave zero PDifs, and no change in PSum when pointed
at the moon.
                     ea13 gave very low PDifs  in RCP, and almost no
change in total power when pointing on the moon.  This is clearly a
problem in system temperature, which must be in the hundreds of K.  (LCP
is O.K.)

    There are a number of antennas/IFs/band which are giving irregular
PDifs -- these will be reported on separately.