[evlatests] MCAF/TelCal test

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Thu Sep 8 12:09:58 EDT 2011

    Ken/Bryan ran a short test, with changes to MCAF/TelCal.

    Results:

    Test 1:  An 'OSRO'-style observation at X-band:

    All data look fabulous.  The only issue seen is that antenna 26
gives only noise -- no fringes -- and is not flagged.  (Ken says he is
aware of this, and has no idea what is wrong).

    Test 2:  A 'RSRO'style observation at X and C bands:

    Same as above -- phases and amplitudes are stable and strong (with
the exception noted above.  Note that antenna 26 fringes nicely at
C-band).
    One small curiosity -- presumably unrelated to the test:  ea11, at
C-band, and in IF 'C' only, dropped its amplitude by about half near the
end of the test.  The transition from high to low was essentially
instantaneous.