[evlatests] ea23 returns, slowly

Bob Hayward rhayward at nrao.edu
Tue Sep 6 18:32:49 EDT 2011

Chuck Kutz wrote:
> The Ku receiver is waiting on Hayward for test.

And Hayward has been...

1) testing & debugging the first L-Band Solar Receiver, slated to be
installed on Ant 24 in less than 2 weeks.

2) testing & debugging the latest upgraded VLBA C-Band receiver, slated
to be shipped to Brewster on Sept 19th.

3) testing & debugging the new improved EVLA-style C-Band receiver,
which has a new thermal gap assembly from the VLBA installed in it (that
  will knock about 5K off the T(rx) at the low-end) and which needs to
be ready by Sept 19th when we have a couple of engineers visiting from
Arecibo who want to look at the receiver (and hopefully buy one).

4) sorting out annoying axial ratio problems in the C-Band polarizers
(it seems all OMTs may not be created equal).

5) preparing for Thursday's "Dog & Pony" show.

6) and writing stupid memos like this.

I'll try to fit the Ku-Band S/N 15 receiver testing in when I can find
the time over the next few days - unless someone wants any or all of the
above dates to slip.

-Bob