[evlatests] Non-fringing antennas

Bob Hayward rhayward at nrao.edu
Fri Oct 28 17:09:54 EDT 2011

Regarding the L-Band on ea24, no script should be capable of knocking it
into the "coupler-fed" Solar mode as the high-level software doesn't yet
know that there are new commands that can be sent to it.

I did use the device browser to give it all of the required "remote"
commands to ensure that it was in Normal mode (this has always worked
well in the lab). The monitored read-backs remained the same so I think
it was in Normal mode all along.

Without being able to see the TP and SP values from the T304, I can't
really tell if it is actually working (the antenna was observing at
K-Band at the time).

Is it possible the receiver could be cross-polarized?

-Bob